Re: problem with .asoundrc

mcnster wrote:

> If you want to use a pcm of type hw (or plug on hw), consider using the
> shell to evaluate an appropriate value (based on $DISPLAY) for ALSA_CARD
> or ALSA_PCM_CARD in the user's .xinitrc.  See lines 132-231 in alsa.conf
> (v1.0.15).

Excellent!  That made it work.  As soon as I get this finished, I'll
update the wiki.

Now, is there any way to get aoss to work automagically?

In other words, I'd like for it to work with every app, not just when
it's invoked via command line.

Setting LD_PRELOAD in the shell environment doesn't do the trick.

--Yan