Re: Problems with INTEL audio card

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 21:09, you wrote:
>> Nigel,
>>
>> sound is not working now.
>> I ran report again and checked differences. There are 4 loaded modules
>> missing:
>> vfat, fat, usb_storage and usblp

None of this has anything to do with sound.

Run alsamixer. What does it say. As he mentioned, make sure that nothing is
muted and that all sliders are at least half way up. You can always refine
things later.

Then run aplay with some .wav file as the source
and see if there are any responses, error messages, etc, and see if there
is sound.