Acer woes, revisited

Hopefully this  will go as text.  Sorry for the problems with Thunderbird- I
have set up kmail now, so maybe it will cooperate.

r.e.

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-10 14:40:32 -0600, Robert Easter <easter.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
>

>> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

> Please also send output of these commands, preferrably unwrapped:
>
> $ cat /proc/asound/cards
> $ cat /proc/asound/devices
> $ cat /proc/asound/pcm
> $ aplay -l
>
> Thanks, JBG

Results follow.  I have now switched this mailer to "text only" now on both
the domain and individual address levels.  Apologies, and thanks, to a most
gracious Deutschlander for the heads up!  Please let me know if it sends
otherwise.

thx,

r.e.

robert@pelagius:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
--- no soundcards ---
robert@pelagius:~$ cat /proc/asound/devices
  1:        : sequencer
 33:        : timer
robert@pelagius:~$ cat /proc/asound/pcm
robert@pelagius:~$ aplay -l
aplay: device_list:204: no soundcards found...
robert@pelagius:~$
robert@pelagius:~$ grep snd-hda-intel /lib/uname/ -r /modules.pcimap
grep: /lib/uname/: No such file or directory
grep: /modules.pcimap: No such file or directory

robert@pelagius:~$ lspci -n
00:00.0 0600: 8086:27a0 (rev 03)
00:02.0 0300: 8086:27a2 (rev 03)
00:02.1 0380: 8086:27a6 (rev 03)