Re: Audiophile 2496 Devices

On Monday 29 October 2007 01:31, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Wow, that must be an ancient application: hardcoded device names!

This version (0.7) looks like it was released around 2007/04/05. Perhaps the
sound routines were from another application from the past or at this point
in the development just not yet completed.

> Cute! I would recommend to *not* use or set these defines but use a
> real mixing program like alsamixer to control mixer levels. From what
> I read, it should still work:
>
>   "xdemorse automatically sets up the sound card and tries to set the
>   input and recording/capture level to the RECORD_LEV entry in
>   xdemorse.h. If it fails it will give an appropriate warning and the
>   mixer levels for line input and recording level must be set up
>   manually using a mixer app like 'aumix'."
>
> (http://5b4az.chronos.org.uk/pkg/morse/xdemorse/xdemorse.html)
>
> Personally I would even go so far as to *unset* everything here to
> empty strings or so, as I would never want such an application to even
> get a chance to mess with my mixer settings, which are finely tuned to
> my external gear already.

I just tried that but the app throws an error message and exits.

I will email the author of the program and see what he has to say.

Darrell

--
Darrell Bellerive