Re: M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Hallo,
michael norman hat gesagt: // michael norman wrote:

> I have that installed, unfortunately and I accept this might be me missing
> something obvious I can't see a way of recording the source I'm listening to
> somewhere else.

What you're trying to achieve is recording from an *output*, not from
an input. Recording from an output PCM directly is not possible, but you
can create an input PCM with the .asoundrc snippet posted:

  # Monitor Mixer as recordable device
  pcm.ice1712 {
      type hw
      card 0
      device 0
  }

  pcm.monitor {
      type plug
      ttable.0.10 1 # digital mix left
      ttable.1.11 1 # digital mix right
      slave.pcm ice1712
  }

Then play something and use e.g. this for recording from the monitor
PCM:

$ arecord -D monitor -f cd some.wav

For more tricks like this see the wiki:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/1712_.asoundrc