Re: M-Audio Audiophile 2496

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 18:14:15 juhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I haven't used mine for a while. ISTR you need to use envy24control for
> M-Audio Audiophile 2496. It has a full set of controls for the
> interface/chip.

I have envy24control installed and have had a look at it.  I have also looked
at the docs here

http://alsa.opensrc.org/Envy24Control.

None of that leaves me any the wiser.

By way of explanation I have a box used for multimedia, in particular music,
basically my cd collection encoded in flac which I play through a pretty much
wide range hi fi system.  The on board audio chip is not good enough for
music played that way although I can quite easily set that up to record from
source.  I bought the M-Audio card for it's audio quality which is really
brilliant, but also thinking I could set it up quite easily to record from
other sources, mainly bbc radio

Mike