Audigy 2 ZS Notebook crashes

Hi. I've been trying to get my Audigy 2 ZS Notebook card to work under
64-bit Ubuntu Feisty on my laptop. JACK seems to work fine, but if I set
anything else to use the card for output (generic Gnome media and video
players, Amarok, etc), it will work for between around 30 sec and 3 min
before crashing. This seems to be the case in 1.0.13, 1.0.14 and
1.0.15rc2. I couldn't find anything about this problem online, and I
don't know how to produce more technical information because the entire
system fails. It does that thing where the same sample is repeated until
I reboot. Is there some way to record information about what is
happening?

It may or may not be related, but the system also doesn't recognize the
card the second time it is inserted, and crashes upon its removal.

~Kevin Plattner