Re: simple ALSA source code?

Hi,
On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 11:07 -0700, william estrada wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
>    I did but the code is too complex for me to learn from.  I want something
> simple.  I don't need a 'Swiss Army Knife'. Arecord and aplay work very
> well but I need to learn 'How to'.  Only need wav support.

Well, there are some very simple examples in the API documentation at
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/examples.html but these
only cover how to send the audio data to the device - as Bill said, the
hard part is handling the data in the files but the ALSA API doesn't
care about that as it is the applications responsibility to determine
the format type and indicate this to the API before sending the data and
a lot of the code in aplay.c is doing just that for any of the numerous
different formats of WAV files that it might encounter.

In the end of the day between the API documentation, the examples above
and the code of aplay.c there is everything you need, the top two
tutorials at
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Tutorials_and_Presentations
will also prove useful but don't have any out of the box code.

/J\
--
My guitar kills bloggers