emu 1212M PCI is sharp

Matthew Polashek wrote:
> sounds like a sample rate problem.  Check your sample rate of your
> original file and be sure it's the same as the 1212.
The sample rates supported by emu 1212M are 44.1 all the way to 192 -
shouldn't that cover anything? I can't see any sample rate setting in
alsamixer. The applications referred to in the emu 1212m manual seem to
be for Windows. I've tried a couple of other mixers (Echomixer and
HDSPMixer) in the fedora 7 menu but neither of them even open. There's
little in system-config-soundcard other than PCM Device (ADC
Capture/Standard PCM Playback, Mic Capture, Mutilchannel Capture, PT
Playback, and Multichannel Playback). I'm trying to show a little effort
here but I hope I haven't given the impression I know what I'm talking
about - because I don't. :/

Chris