question on MAudio Revolution cards

Hello,

I am planning to buy an M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card.
I googled around to find out whether it is supported well by ALSA.
I found a few pages saying that everything works except
for the headphones output.

Does anybody know if this is still the case? The pages may be
a bit old, and I can see recent entries in changelog indicating
that this driver has been worked on.

If Revolution 5.1 still has problems, is Revolution 7.1 a
better supported device?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Alex