Re: Delta 66, everything but sound

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:43:06 +0200
"Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By appearances, everything appears to be ok with my setup with a new
> Delta 66, I'm just not getting any sound out :-(
>
> With Hydrogen -> jack -> envy24control the level meters in
> envy24control (0.6)are bouncing merrily.
>
> I've seen mention of routing in envy24control, but trial & error there
> hasn't produced any results...
>
> I'm running Ubuntu Studio (Feisty, with low-latency kernel, upgraded
> from a straight Feisty install), I just upgraded the ALSA packages to
> the versions in Debian unstable, but that didn't help.
>
> Yes, the amp is connected, in fact earlier when I was trying alsaconf
> (with a different config) I was getting very quiet clicks when I
> changed settings.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

If you have two cards, the other card might be selected as default.

aplay -lLv  run at a command line will tell you.

Alsa defaults to starting at zero amp levels the first time.  Use
alsamixer at the commandline to adjust, switch to capture using F4,
playback using F3, man alsamixer for more info.

Searching the archives at http://www.gmane.org/ should give you hits for
any previous solutions.