Re: ALSA support for STAC9271/STAC9271D, S/PDIF, & Dolby 5.1 passthrough?

FYI, for anyone checking this in the future, I was contacted by someone who said this does indeed work.

In addition, I found that a client of mine had a machine with this motherboard and I was able to check it out using Knoppix ( 5.1?).  It worked without hassle (just had to unmute the IEC??? in alsamixer).  Dolby Digital passthrough worked perfectly via mplayer.

In addition, my comment about the ALC888 was incorrect.  Firstly, it was the ALC883 chipset that I had problems with, and after upgrading to a CVS version of 1.0.14 (post-1.0.14 final release), it did work (Dolby passthrough via the ALC888).