Layla20 in Ubuntu Studio

	Hello, I am brand new to ALSA and am having some difficulty getting
my echoaudio layla20 soundcard working in Ubuntu Studio.

	I have installed ALSA drivers version 1.0.14 and configured with
cards=layla20, with isapnp=off, with debug=detect
	The ALSA configure, make and make install all proceed without errors.
	I have added a line at the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base to make
sure it is loaded at boot.
	I can see the hostcard with lspci on irq 5
	aplay -l shows no soundcards

	Looking at /var/log/messages  I can see the layla20 initialization
and a few errors:

/echoaudio.c:44: firmware requested: layla20_dsp.fw
/echoaudio.c:47: get_firmware(): Firmware not available (-2)
/echoaudio.c:1997: init_hw err=-2

	I cannot find the layla firmware cited above (layla20_dsp.fw) on my
system at all.  I see that the ALSA configure has options to include
firmware for other devices, but my layla is not mentioned.  Am I
missing a firmware file or is this retrieved from the unit during
initialization and created?

	At this point I cannot discriminate between a hardware failure, and
an incorrect installation of the ALSA driver for the layla20.

	This equipment has not had any problems during its previous use,
though it has been in storage for a while.

	Thank you very much for the drivers and system and any help you can
provide!

-Jonathan Leonard