Help configuring the E-MU 1820m

Hi,

I'm the owner of a second-hand EMU-1820m card, now supported in alsa
thanks to James Courtier-Dutton efforts. I've mostly used it for analog
& digital multi channel output so far.

Today I've decided to use it for microphone recording. Unfortunately
while the hardware LED shows the micro is correctly plugged and the
hardware is receiving stuff, I haven't managed to record anything in
Linux (not even the usual microphone tap-tap-tap you do to check
everything works)

Can a good soul help me to configure alsa properly for a microphone?
Just looking at the gnome alsa mixer makes me feel inadequate. (and
trying to switch things there does not unmute the microphone input)

I'd like to activate:
Audiodock mono Mic A input
Audiodock stereo Headphone output
Audiodock stereo 1, 2, 3 outputs
1010 digital sp-dif (non optical) output

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot