Compiling ALSA-Lib using uClibc

Hello.
I have a board which has a CS5530 sound card.
I'm booting two different linuxes on it:
One fedora 6 and one which I have compiled based on buildroot
(http://buildroot.uclibc.org).
The system I have compiled is using uClibc.
Both systems use the exact same kernel and the exact same modules.
On the fedora sound works fine.
On the other system the modules load fine, /proc/asound is getting
filled nicely, /proc/asound/card0  too.
But ... No sound , No /dev files are created, and when running
alsamixer :
---------------------------
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory
---------------------------

When running alsactl names :
---------------------------
alsactl: for_each_card:51: No soundcards found...
alsactl: generate_names:525: probe 0 failed: No such device
alsactl: for_each_card:51: No soundcards found...
alsactl: generate_names:525: probe 1 failed: No such device
alsactl: for_each_card:51: No soundcards found...
alsactl: generate_names:525: probe 2 failed: No such device
ALSA lib timer_query.c:148:(snd_timer_query_open_noupdate) Unknown timer
default
alsactl: generate_names:525: probe 3 failed: No such file or directory

Because the driver works well on one system I assume it's fine.
So it's the lib i'm suspecting to be the problem.
I've tried re-compiling the lib using the regular libc (as static) and
also tried chrooting into the dis-functional system from the  fedora and
got the same results.

What is going on here?
What have I done wrong?

Please help.