Re: Recommendation Sought - Linux Dist and Soundcards

Mo wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am once again, hoping to build a system that will support recording
> multiple input streams from two or more soundcards.
>
> Has anyone implemented more than one PCI soundcard, for recording
> purposes?
>
> If so, would you tell me what distro you are using, and what
> soundcards?
>
> Thanks.
> Mo

If you need to keep all the streams in sync, i.e. for use with jackd,
you will have to get a sound cards that can use external clocking. I.e.
Passing clock from one sound card to another so they keep in sync.
I know the emu.com sound cards support external clocking, but I have not
implemented support for all of them yet.
Other people should be able to tell you which other sound cards support
external clocking.
Most commercial cheapo sound cards do not support external clocking.

James