Re: Yamaha sound problem

--- stan <stanl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> A long shot.  Unplug the USB sound card.  Then boot.
>  After the boot
> plug in the USB card so that the hot plug picks it
> up.  The
> configuration might be different enough to allow
> them to coexist.

I think I'm causing some confusion. I don't have a usb
soundcard. There are no usb devices attached to this
machine. I think the issue is the usb controller seems
to be getting IRQ 11 rather than the soundcard.

--- Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They should be able to share the IRQ.

I know they should be able to share, but they don't
seem to be.

> This problem is unrelated to USB, the issue is
> simply that alsa does
> not seem to support your card and/or codec.

I'm sure this is a supported card. It's a YMF724,
which is listed as a supported card, and I've had alsa
working fine on the same card in a very similar pc.

I'll try and get the bios settings changed and see if
that has any effect (I'm fixing this remotely so I'l
have to get someone to do that for me).

Any other ideas would be appreciated, I'm totally
stumped at the moment.

Thanks
Liam