Re: Hello? Can anyone help me?!

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:22:52 +0200
Florian Rochler|worldwide affairs <worldwide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (1) Linux (debian etch) denies playing sound in games. How can I fix
> this issue? - I have this issue on both machines.
>
> (2) On my second machine I have three sound-cards: HDA-Intel, Audigy
> LS & IEEE 1394 (firewire - don't know this should be a sound
> card...). When I run alsa-conf when system's running, sound is
> confirgured right (audigy). But after a reboot the information is
> lost. I'd love to have th driver loaded on boot and playing a sound
> on login. Does anyone have a solution?
>
> Regards, Florian

Problem 1 needs more specific information.  Sound cards, OS, games
which fail, error messages, etc.  I probably won't be able to help, but
someone else might be able to.  Without anything else to go by, if
sound is working on the rest of your system but not for games, I would
expect it to be a configuration problem, the game is looking in one
place and the sound is in another.

For problem 2, try running " /sbin/alsactl store  " after running
alsa-conf.