Re: HELP!! - Install information lost after reboot

On Saturday 26 May 2007 12:52, Florian Rochler|worldwide matters wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have three sound cards built in my machine:
>
> - Audigy LS
> - HDA-Intel On-Board
> - IEEE 1394 - FireWire (why this is a sound card - I don't know...)
>
> My problem:
>
> When I boot my machine everything works fine - except my Audigy. After
> running alsaconfig, Linux recognizes and uses my audigy ls. But after a
> reboot the system recognizes HDA-Intel-chip only.
> That's annoying!!
>
> What can I do??
>
> System: Debian 4.0 Etch r0
> Alsa: what's on etch...
>
> Regards and thx for help,
>
> Florian

What do you see if you run, cat /proc/asound/cards after booting up? I suspect
that your hda-intel will be card0, and the audigy LS as card1.

I have similar problems with my usb midi keyboard that uses snd-usb-audio. The
keyboard ends up as card0, and the Audigy2 soundblaster as card1.

I add these lines to /etc/modprobe.d/sound

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-emu10k1 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1

I suspect something similar will fix your problem. Just change snd-emu10k1 for
the audigy driver, which according to the soundcard matrix for the
soundblaster LS, looks like ca0106, and change the snd-usb-audio lines for
card1 to the driver for the hda-intel.

Check out /sbin/lsmod | grep snd  for the module names. Something like.
snd-ca0106
snd-intel8x0  (I think)

Nigel.

btw. both cards will be accessible from alsamixer.
alsamixer, when you open it will default to card0, and alsamixer -c 1 will
open alsamixer with controls for card1.