[OT] different out plugs in mb and only one input port in 5.1 speakers

I have a pc with several sound output plugs: front, rear, surround, etc.
My speakers accept only spdif (optical and coax) or RCA (stereo)
inputs, so in any case there is only one connection from them to the
pc.
Previously I had a PC with spdif plug out so there was no problem.
Now my on board 5.1 sound card has only the several out plugs without
one dedicated to spdif.
I think it could be a matter of many others with onboard audio...
Can I make a sort of "routing/grouping" of the several out signals to
only one plug and then connect it to the coax (through adpater) to get
the 5.1 signal?
Do the softwares that come with Windows XP drivers get something like
this? For example in XP if I connect a plug it asks me which kind of
system I have connected...

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca