Problem with function keys and kernel 2.6.21

Hallo everybody,

I have a laptop HP DV2172EA with an integrated audio Intel Corporation
82801G (ICH7 Family), with an internal microphone and three sockets:
Mic, Speakers, SPDIF, on which I run ArchLinux.

I've got some trouble with the previous intel-hda modules but with the
last upgrade to the kernel 2.6.21 everything seems to work correctly:
speakers, headphone, internal and external microphones, except for a
side effect on the laptop function keys (volume and mute)

With the previous modules in the alsamixer interface the first control
at the left was the master, and on this control the function keys were
working. Now there are two "masters": one for the headphone and one
for the speakers, that are respectively the first and the last control
in the interface. Unfortunately the function keys still act on the
first control, that actually works for the headphone, thus making them
useless for the speakers, that I use.

Somebody may suggest me a way to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help
Jimmi