ATI SB450 will not capture

Hello

I have a problem with a ATI SB450 sound system in my notebook and
capture (Skype)
The microphones works fine, and I can clearly hear my own voice in the
head set. But Skype cannot capture anything.

I have tried to install a program called listener, which has a detection
program called listener. That program can read data from /dev/dsp, but
as soon as Skype have been enabled, then it reads all zeros from
/dev/dsp (result from strace)

The chipset btw also contains a modem, which also fails, but that may be
another story, although I suspect it to be related.
error: cannot setup hw params for playback: Invalid argument

Kernel Information
------------------
Kernel release:    2.6.20-1.2944.fc6
Operating System:  GNU/Linux
Architecture:      i686
Processor:         i686
SMP Enabled:       Yes

ALSA Version
------------
Driver version:     1.0.14rc1
Library version:
Utilities version:  1.0.14rc1
Loaded ALSA modules
-------------------
snd_hda_intel

Soundcards recognised by ALSA
-----------------------------
 0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                      HDA ATI SB at 0xd0400000 irq 16

PCI Soundcards installed in the system
--------------------------------------

00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SB450 HDA Audio (rev 01)

Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Susbsystem ID's
00:14.2 0403: 1002:437b (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 1584:2b15

HDA-Intel Codec information
---------------------------
Codec: Motorola Si3054
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10573055
Subsystem Id: 0x10573055
Revision Id: 0x100700
Codec: Realtek ALC883
Address: 1
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0883
Subsystem Id: 0x1584922d
Revision Id: 0x100002
Default PCM:
Aplay output
------------
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 1: ALC883 Digital [ALC883 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 6: Si3054 Modem [Si3054 Modem]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

--
-------------------- Med Liberalistiske Hilsner ----------------------
  Civilingeniør, Kjeld Flarup - Mit sind er mere åbent end min tegnebog