Re: intel-hda patch not working for me

Intel 82801G, in a way, is a generic name, there are several implementations of it, some use Realtek, others use AD198x.

The suffix after the X60 for Lenovo Thinkpads does not let one identify the correct model. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X60, recent one, bought in Brazil; it uses the AD1981 codec. You can see it looking at /proc/asound/card0/codec#0. The correct procedure to get it work dependes upon the knowing the correct codec

If it is like mine, I think that the Realtek patches will not work. I too tried a lot of patches, configurations, modprobe options and returned to the original Ubuntu Feisty kernel driver, without success, until I turned off the modem in the BIOS.
Then it started working, even if the thinkwiki pages about Intel HDA say that it must be enabled in BIOS.

Try disabling the modem in BIOS, powering off and rebooting. You could be lucky like me.

In Ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/ - Multimedia & video section, there is a lot of entries about hda, with recipes for several codecs, most Realtek (several if you mind), some AD and probably others. You can try some other recipes. There is also a page in Ubuntu wiki, with some procedures.

HDA probably is the most evolving part of ALSA and there will be some time until the developers get all the details for detecting and configuring the different flavors of the chip.

Cheers