Re: Problems with Audigy 2 ZS Notebook and microphone

Hi!

> Maybe you can find something in the archive
> (http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user). I remember a post that
> might help you:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/26665

Thank you for that suggestion, but I could not try that because I do not
understand, how to use such a software device for my microphone. I read
all the documentation I could find about that, and I understand how to
create one and that this "slave" is the next device to process the
sound, but I could not figure out, where to tell Alsa that all sound
coming from the micro has to be send to my knew amplifier device.
Do you have any idea about that?

> Please tell me, if it works...

Even If I could not try that, something happened and now my microphon
works. What I did, was the following: After reading a lot of
documentation, I found one talking about the aumix and differences
between the options in aumix, alsamixer and kmixer, so I got aumix and
started that. In Aumix I have a microphone-control that is not related
to my microphone-control in alsamixer/kmixer and is alway set to 100. If
 I try to change that it returns to 100 after about half a second.
But since I used once aumix my microphone works.
I can control the input with my mixers in kmixer but there seems to be
something wrong:
For the Input there is an  Line a Mic and a Analog Mix mixer.
If I chose the Mic for recording then the following happens: Mic and
Analog Mix manage the input of the microphone while independently form
Mic and Analog Mix the Line redirect my microphone directly to my
output, so I hear what I am saying if I set up to 100 the Line, but I
cannot record the sound then.

I am quit not sure if that is the behaviour these mixers should have.
The mixers on the output are a bit rare, too. So I got a Master, a PCM,
a Front, an Analog Mix, an OLD PCM and an Old Mic mixer.

Master, Front and Old PCM are mixing my general output.  Old Mic Analog
Mix and PCM  seem to have no funcionality at all ...

Should I write a bug report about that?

Alx