Re: Audigy in Linux 2.6.20

Please read inline

On 4/11/07, Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/11/07, Artur Rataj <arturrataj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello. I have updated the kernel, and while the MIDI note dropping is
> probably gone, the line input does not work. That is, the card plays
> what goes to line in, but arecord and other apps do not record
> anything, even silence. That is, arecord writes only the WAV header.
> The same apps record from the motherboard sound chip without problems
> if hw:1 is replaced with hw:0.
>
> What can it be?

If arecord writes only the .wav header it means that your interrupt
routing is broken - if it were a mixer settings issue arecord would
capture silence.  You can confirm this by checking /proc/interrupts
and see that the interrupt count for the Audigy does not increase.

This is going to be an issue with the upstream kernel not ALSA.

Since Alsa is in the upstream kernel per say then yeah it is,

Try
booting with "acpi=off"

This may be ok for a work around, but hardly a fix turning ACPI off is not always a bright move since ACPI pretty much controls important stuff like power managment, heat control etc etc .  For laptops and high end desktops this could be fatal over heating is going to be a worry.

also other area's may not work correctly without ACPI, so as you can see it maybe just a trade for another issue.

Regards
.

Lee