Intel HDA (SigmaTel 9220D/9223A2)

Hi everybody!

I am using an onboard Intel HD audio card, specifically a SigmaTel
9220D/9223A2 chip.

The card is being used in a 5.1 setup, where another card is attached to
it, which has some condensators, (small) amplifiers and relays on it,
which itself is attached to some Dolby Cinema sound processor. With a
Creative Labs Audigy 4 card this setup works perfectly fine.

Now, _sometimes_ the onboard card (or something else) seems to have some
hickups and wildly swaps the channels around, so that the sound for the
center speaker can be heard on left surround, left surround on front
left and front left on center. But unfortunately this only happens
sometimes, and after a reboot the problem is gone. I cannot really
reproduce this error, it just sometimes happens and sometimes not.

I already suspected the automatic jack sensing to be the source of this
problem, but after reading the source for the driver I think the linux
driver does not support this feature of the chip (on the other side I am
no expert at C...).

Is anyone able to help me please?

Best regards,
--