installing alsa from sources

hi to the list!

i am running an originally demudi box, which with the  time became a
custom-debian testing one.
in last summer i removed everything from my machine what was depending
an a dabian-jackd package and reinstalled from sources (lot of audio
stuff, kde etc...). this action tooks me about a month, but it turned
good, cause all my audio software is not anymora dependent by the debian
packages!
what i wanna do now, is to remove all the debian-packaged alsa stuff,
and reinstall from scratch, but this don´t look easy for me at all, that
is why i wanna ask some questions here.
those are more questions, so here it go:

1: i have: alsa-base
                alsa-oss
                alsa-tools
                alsa-tools-gui
                linux-sound-base, all v1.0.11.1

                libasoun2
                libasound2-dev, both v1.0.11-3

                alsa-utils, v11.0.1-2

                alsa-firmware-loaders, v 1.0.9rc3-0.demudi1 (for my
rme-multiface)

                alsmixergui, v 0.9.0rc2-1-9

                libclalsadrv (and .dev), v1.0.1-3

so first i would remove all that stuff!

2: i would configure alsadrivers like:

                ./configure --with-isapnp=no --with-sequencer=yes
--with-oss=yes --with-pcm-oss-plugins=yes --with-cards=??
--with-card-options=all

i have 3 cards using here  -the onboard intel-chip:
                                           0 [I82801DBICH4   ]: ICH4 -
Intel 82801DB-ICH4
                      Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with AD1981B at 0xd0100c00, irq 11
 1 [Modem          ]: ICH-MODEM - Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem
                      Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem at 0x2400, irq 11

                                            -the terratec aureon-mkII/
usb device

                                            - and the rme-multiface(1).

they all work good here, and if the rme is plugged  in , sometimes  i
have to run alsaconf, but this do not disturbs me at all.

so the question is, what option should i add to the --with-cards=
argument, or should i just choose "all"?

i would like to choose only this 3 cards, but what is about options like
"dummy", "virmidi"??
all the 3 cards runs well now, should i expect some breakage with the
firmware-loaders 1.0.13?
is somebody here running a multiface on the newest alsa libs /  firmware??

what should i do with the option `--with-pcmcia-root`??

3: my system is now configured so that alsa is started on boot, will
this change after an reinstall?

4: what happens to the other appis (let´s say mplayer, but there are
about 70 self compiled jack-capable appis here!), which are compiled
with the alsapackages i have now? do i have to recompile everything what
is linked to libalsa, or will simply running `ldconfig` make a trick?

5: will jackd recognize the new alsa stuff (since it will be installed
in the same location, as the old stuff is installed in, which is default
as i understood!).

6: i think that once the drivers are well compiled, compiling the libs
is not that difficult. is that true, can i use simply the default stuff
with only `./configure`?

7: i am using self-made kernels here, with the i.molnar patches and that
runs very good now!
i don´t think that i have to recompile the kernel, but it could be
possible that i must compile alsa with at least the drivers which are
compiled in the kernel?

so, that are enough (i know, a lot!) of questions now, i hope that i get
some good answers, so i can make more questions!!
i read alreade the README´s and the stuff on the alsa-site, but i am
still not sure haw to do this reinstallation - but i am sure that i
would like to have an alsa-system which is not depending on the dpkg!
if you need more information on my system in order to being able to help
me, please let me know that!

cheers,
doc