Connecting two devices to an USB 2.0 hub

Dear all,

I have two Terratec Aureon 5.1 usb devices.

Now, I would like to move my computer to another room for silence.
I purchased one long USB cable and a Trust USB 2.0 hub.

Unfortunately, I cannot connect two audio devices to the hub,
only one device. The USB hub seems to be useless.

The error message is :

ALSA /home/jmpoure/logiciels/alsa/alsa-driver-1.0.14rc2/usb/usbaudio.c:875: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth

I have only two audio devices connected to the hub?
Should I always plug audio devices directly?

The hub is connected at full speed : 480Mb/s. The audio devices seem to
be at 12 Mb/s. Does is mean that the hub speeds down to 12 Mb/s and thus
two devices cannot communicate at enough speed?

Any solution to this problem?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel