Re: Routing Line In to SPDIF

On 2/3/07, Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a SB Live (snd-emu10k1).
>
> The Line Out of my TV card is connected to the Line In of this sound
> card. I can hear everything through boxes connected to Line Out of the
> sound card, but nothing goes through the SPDIF out to my receiver.
>
> So, can I build a asoundrc to route the sound from Line In to the SPDIF
> channel as well?

.asoundrc can't route audio between PCM input and output ports.  For a
software solution you could do "nice -n -20 arecord -f dat | nice -n
-20 aplay -D spdif".

The card can also do this routing in hardware but the driver doesn't
do it by default.  You'd have to install ld10k1 and connect the ports
in the DSP patch bay.  Sorry, I can't explain exactly how but I'm
pretty sure it's possible.

Lee