Re: Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB settings

Hallo,
Jean-Michel Pouré hat gesagt: // Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:

> > THe Aureon doesn't have separate mixer controls for digital in/out.
> > Alsamixer shows is all there is on the card. Some cards don't have a
> > mixer at all.
>
> You are right. I think I understand.
> There are two input switch in Alsa.
> One may be for analog input, the other for digital input.

I've never used the digital connectors on my Aureon as I don't have
any digital gear, but I think they just duplicate what's on the analog
channels.

> > You don't need to run Alsaconf for USB-cards normally. They are
> > activated by hotplug/udev or whatever handles USB devices on your
> > machine.
>
> It makes sense. I am waiting for a second Aureon card. Will I be able to
> mix the sound of both cards OR will I need Jack?

What do you meant with mixing both cards? You normally cannot use two
cards as one multichannel card, as they will drift out of sync, and
you definitely cannot do this with USB cards. You could use netjack,
though.

> Also, how do I control the output sound? For example phones sound?

Most applications have their own volume control. I generally set
soundcard levels to the maximum possible without distortions, then do
further volume regulation inside the software I'm using. (I hate it
when some mp3-playing software tries to mess with my finely tuned
mixer settings.)

Ciao