Re: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Value & Hardware Mixing

Am Dienstag, 30. Januar 2007 02:21 schrieb dimitri paspont:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking for a Sound Card that supports Hardware Mixing now
> for quite some time. The SB Live 5.1 and older is not beeing sold by
> any vendor in a radius of 175 KM. I however stumbled across this one
> the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy (Value). I can't find  this one in
> the ALSA Soundcard matrix. I was just wondering wether this one has
> Hardware Mixing? I guess it will since it probably has an EMU10K1/2
> chipset.
>
> Does anyone know perhaps ?

Until today i've used a sblive 5.1 (model sb0060). This card can do
hw-mixing. There was only one small problem, master/pcm controls are'nt
working for spdif pcm output. But this applies only to spdif output,
analog should work, i've never tested it. AC3 Passthru works also out
of the box.

Since today i've own a audigy 1 ES (model sb0160). Now master and pcm
controls also the spdif pcm volume. Only AC3 passthru don't worked with
original alsa dsp-initialization. Perhaps some mixer tweaks? Don't
know, i've tried another solution: starting ld10k1 and initialize with
init_audigy script. Now everything works well, inclusive ac3 passthru.

Additionally, i can still use my hoontech digi i/o III module for
toslink output on the new audigy card.

Perhaps this helps you a little bit.

--
Markus Schulz

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -
Rich Cook