Re: Tascam US-122 woes on Dell Inspiron E1705 notebook

>You should see something along the lines of this in your dmesg output
>after the audio freeze if it is the same problem:
>Sequence Error!(hcd_frame=8 ep=8in;wait=65540,frame=4).
>Most propably some urb of usb-frame 65540 is still missing.
>Cause could be too long delays in usb-hcd interrupt handling.

Bingo! It looks like I have the exact same problem, but about the solution...

>If you look through the archives for this list, you should find the
>mail with the patch around the second week in January. You can apply
>this patch to the kernel drivers, recompile your kernel and that should
>be all you need (assuming you are happy with kernel compilation and the
>like).

I looked through the archives, and I found the post where you brought up the same problem with your card, but I couldn't find a patch. Also, I'm rather new to the nitty-gritty aspects of linux, and I have never compiled a kernel before. I would really appreciate some instructions on how to go about doing this. Thanks for the help so far!

-Andrew