problem with virtual multi channel devices (alsa+jack)

	Hi all!

    How can I configure ALSA and jack to use two separate soundcards as a
single multi-channel card? I followed the instructions
on "http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php#virmulti";
(except the fact that I omitted channels 2 and 3 for testing purposes since
currently there is only a single soundcard available to me). This is what I
got:

*) ALSA output to the device "hw:0,0" works properly (with aplay)

*) ALSA output to the device "multi" works properly (with aplay)

*) ALSA output to the device "ttable" works properly (with aplay)

*) jack output with "hw:0,0" works properly:
starting the server: jackd -d alsa -d hw:0,0 -r 44100
playback: jack.play song.wav
connections: using qjackconnect

*) jack output with "ttable" doesn't work, when I start a player application
and connect it to the jack server, the server terminates after a few seconds
with the following message:
ALSA: poll time out, polled for 31999340 usecs
DRIVER NT: could not run driver cycle
jack main caught signal 12

*) the same as above for jack with the "multi" device

My system:
ALSA-1.0.13
jack: 0.102.20
openSUSE-10.2
kernel 2.6.18.2-34-default

Does anybody have an idea how to configure an ALSA/jack multisoundcard setup?

	Kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria