5.1 audio to ht receiver

Hello all,

I have been encoding material with aac 5.1 (he-aac) and am
having some trouble playing back the 5.1 stream through my
home stereo.  The process is simple enough with ac3 or DTS
as those streams can be sent directly down the spdif or
toslink cable to be decoded by the receiver.  However, I
haven't met an amp yet that'll decode he-aac 5.1 so afaik
it has to be done at the PC but how to get it to the amp?

I've read about soundcards which automatically encode the
audio to dolby digital or DTS and sent it to the amp that
way.  However, I understand that particular capability
isn't supported by the Linux drivers due to licensing.  Are
there any other methods I can use to send 6 channels of raw
pcm to the amp.  For example, is there a soundcard with an
hdmi interface or a video card for that matter with hdmi
and an audio processor onboard.  Seeing as hdmi carries
audio and video, that would seem like the only way to do
it.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Shane

--
http://www.cm.nu/~shane/