Netiquette [was: functionality of PCM slider in alsamixer for Realtek ALC883/HDA NVidia]

> Now this is a prime example of where bottom posting is a disaster. Pageing
> through reams of stuff to get to a 2 line answer.

NO !!!

It is a prime example of poor trimming on the part of the previous
poster, i.e. Sergei Steshenko.

For the sake of illustration I will provide a minimum trim example.
One could probably trim even more:
[anybody remember the time when mailer and newsreader used to warn
when a certain ratio (e.g. 50%) of old/new stuff wasn't met ;]

>>> To my knowledge the PCM slider or nvidia nforce chips controls the
>>> digital out volume (s/pdif,ac3)..

>> As I wrote somewhat earlier, in my case it controls volume of
>> terminal beep.
>>
>> Where can I read the definition of PCM volume control functionality ?

The section above also shows why lines without linebreaks are bad.

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/