Re: FC6 audio differences

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 16:33, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Hello all;
>
> In an effort to make sure my dual audio setup continued to work, I
> transfered my FC2's modprobe.conf to the FC6 version.  It should work
> right?

Don't know, maybe not.

> Well, after the last reboot I noticed I didn't have any sound from the
> speakers hooked to the Audigy 2, my tv cards audio was coming out of the
> headphones plugged into the nvidia onboard stuff.
>
> Here is that modprobe.conf, designed to make the audigy 2 the primary,
> snd-slot-0 card, and the nvidia the snd-slot-1 card.
> #options snd-emu10k1 index=0

> #options snd-intel8x0 index=1

Have a look in cat /proc/asound/cards  to see which order the cards are being
loaded. You may have to uncomment the above 2 options lines. I havn't had
problems with my Audigy2 soundblaster being set as card0, and snd-usb-audio
as card1 since FC3 IIRC, and the only entries in FC5's /etc/modprobe.conf are
for emu10k1, no reference to snd-usb-audio, but it amazingly just works.

Could be worth checking /sbin/lsmod as well to see if the emu10k1 stuff is
being loaded.

And not wishing to be a party pooper, but perhaps the FC2 /etc/modprobe.conf
just won't play with FC6.

Over.

Nigel.