analog and digital out

Hi all,

I would like my soundcard to play to the analog and digital out at the
same time. The reason is that my PC is connected via analog to my TV
and the digital out is connected to my surround receiver. So I don't
have to turn my receiver on when I want to watch something.

If I don't have an asounrc file, it works but it's just stereo sound.

I like to upmix the sound when it's sent via the digital out, so I
created the next asoundrc:

<confdir:pcm/dpl.conf>

pcm.digital {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
             type upmix
             slave.pcm "dpl:spdif"
             channels 6
        }
}

pcm.analog {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 1024
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0,0"
    rate 48000
    #channels 6
    period_time 0
    period_size 1024
    buffer_time 0
    buffer_size 4096
  }
}

#pcm.test {
pcm.!default {
        type multi;
        slaves {
            d {
                pcm digital
                channels 2
              }
            a {
                pcm analog;
                channels 2;
              }
        }

        bindings [
          { slave a channel 0 }
          { slave a channel 1 }
          { slave d channel 0 }
          { slave d channel 1 }
        ]
}

It doesn't give my any warning or error; but there is no sound at all.
Can somebody explain what i'm doing wrong and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,

Wouter