Re: snd_hda_intel on Asus M2N32 WS Pro Asus MB

On Sunday 12 November 2006 23:51, steef wrote:
> Mws wrote:

> >> hi marcel
> >>

> >> ..........so start working on a solution of the problem. after searching
> >> and reading docu i found out with the kind help of others that after
> >> compiling and loading alsa 1.0.13 into  the kernel of 1. debian_etch and
> >> 2. slackware11, a textfile in /etc/modprobe.d of both distros < options
> >> hda-snd-intel index=0 disable_msi=1 >   made the sounddriver worl like a
> >> charm on *both*  distros. take this as a start.... and *dont leave the
> >> solution of your problem(s) to others*.

so, what i tried sucks :)
even if i just started my machine,
rmmod snd_intel_hda
and then
modprobe snd_hda_intel with the above mentioned options,
my machine immediately freezes.
if the modules are loaded @boot time it is without a problem
to continue, except for that the sound is horrible like i described
before.

that makes it very hard to find a solution.
each time to test the module, i have to reboot the machine
startup x, wait, test the sound
adjust params or code
compile install
reboot
and procedure starts over again.

i am thinking about taking the fine working 2.6.18-rc4 alsa stuff into kernel 2.6.19...
to get a properly sound back and try from release to release if actual kernel
stuff works ok with my onboard sound.

we'll see.

regards
marcel