digital S/PDIF recording with 44.1 kHz

Hi,

I have a number of DAT tapes recorded with a sampling frequency of
44.1 kHz (16 bit stereo, of course), and would like to have these
recordings moved to the computer without leaving the digital domain,
and if possible without resampling. On Linux.

I have bought a Zoltrix Nightingale Pro 6 sound card with S/PDIF
daughter board (showing up in lspci as "02:03.0 Multimedia audio
controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)"), which works
fine on Windows. On Linux, it seems that I can only access the analog
inputs.

Has anybody ever gotten this sound card to deliver the signal from the
digital input to a user space application? How can I accomplish this?

example one based on the Emu10K chip" I bought a cheap SoundBlaster
Live! card with the Digital Bracket made by Hoontech, which seems to
resample the digital input to 48 kHz when used on Windows. I haven't
yet tried that card on Linux.

I'd appreciate any hints which way to go. Thanks in advance.

My OS is Debian sid, and I can experiment, and deliver any debugging
information that might be useful.

Greetings
Marc