Re: tascam us-122 problems

Jonathan Addleman wrote:
> I recently got a tascam us-122, and have had many problems getting it
> working.
>
> First of all, getting the firmware was not obvious - I use debian, and
> the firmware package is not included, presumably for licensing issues.
> In any case, the alsa-firmware tarball provided the necessary files.
> Then some buggy hotplug/udev scripts took some fiddling... Now I think
> I've got that sorted out, but I still can't use the device.
>
> At this point, if I try to do anything with it, I get the following:
>
> $ arecord -f cd -D plughw:1 bla.wav
> Recording WAVE 'bla.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
> Stereo
> arecord: set_params:965: Unable to install hw params:
> ACCESS:  RW_INTERLEAVED
> FORMAT:  S16_LE
> SUBFORMAT:  STD
> SAMPLE_BITS: 16
> FRAME_BITS: 32
> CHANNELS: 2
> RATE: 44100
> PERIOD_TIME: (92879 92880)
> PERIOD_SIZE: 4096
> PERIOD_BYTES: 16384
> PERIODS: 4
> BUFFER_TIME: (371519 371520)
> BUFFER_SIZE: 16384
> BUFFER_BYTES: 65536
> TICK_TIME: 4000
>

> I've tried other recording formats to no avail... Is there anything else
> I can try? Is this possibly a sign that the firmware isn't actually
> loaded properly?

Some more info about this:

I'm getting errors in my logs like this:
Sequence Error!(hcd_frame=488669 ep=8in;wait=488668,frame=488668).
Most propably some urb of usb-frame 488668 is still missing.
Cause could be too long delays in usb-hcd interrupt handling.

Looks like it might be a usb or irq issue and not really an alsa
problem? In any case, switching USB ports seemed to fix it for a minute
or so, but then it died again with the same error.

I saw some web pages mentioning that this could be caused by
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_SPLIT_ISO not being set in the kernel, but I do have
that option set... any other ideas?

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://www.redowl.ca