SB Audigy SE (ca0106): no sound and no /dev/dsp

Hi all
I bought a SB Audigy SE for my pc, but i can't get it working on Linux.
On Windows (yeah, i need it for some things -_-) it works perfectly, so
it's not an hardware problem.
I remember that at the beginning (for about 2 weeks from when i bought
the card) it worked also on Linux, but i had first to launch Windows,
then reboot and launch Linux, otherwise it emitted noises when used (for
example when opening an audio file). Then, one day, it simply stopped
working.Unfortunately i can't remember if i installed/updated some
package in those days...

Now on Linux i can't hear any sound if i open, for example, an MP3 file
with XMMS, and mpg123 tells me "Can't open /dev/dsp!".
So i searched in /dev and saw that /dev/dsp didn't (and doesn't) exist!!
I searched in /dev/snd for it, but in that directory there are only
these files:

crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116,  0 16 ott 22:13 controlC0
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116,  8 16 ott 22:13 midiC0D0
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 24 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D0c
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 16 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D0p
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 25 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D1c
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 17 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D1p
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 26 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D2c
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 18 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D2p
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 27 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D3c
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 19 16 ott 22:13 pcmC0D3p
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116,  1 16 ott 22:13 seq
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 33 16 ott 22:13 timer

I'm using Gentoo Linux for AMD64 with:
- Kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r1 (i have the same problem with all versions, so
that's not the problem)
- ALSA 1.0.13 packages (not using ALSA included in kernel 'cause it
gives me the same problem)

The strange thing is that if i launch alsamixer i have these controls:

IEC958
IEC958 Center/LFE
IEC958 Front
IEC958 Rear
IEC958 Unknown
Analog Center/LFE
Analog Front
Analog Rear
Analog Side
CAPTURE feedback
Digital Capture Source
Shared Mic/Line in

but the last 2 ones are a sequence of options regarding audio capturing
and the first one DOESN'T HAVE THE VOLUME BAR! I unmuted it, but it
simply doesn't have the bar above!

These are the loaded sound modules (lsmod | grep snd):

snd_seq_midi            7872  0
snd_seq_midi_event      8064  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                61888  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_ca0106             37828  0
snd_rawmidi            23616  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_ca0106
snd_seq_device          8276  3 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd_ac97_codec        120408  1 snd_ca0106
snd_pcm                90188  2 snd_ca0106,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              23880  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd                    56240  7
snd_seq,snd_ca0106,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               9824  1 snd
snd_ac97_bus            2688  1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_page_alloc          9232  2 snd_ca0106,snd_pcm

This is the lspci -v output: (i paste only the sound card)

05:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
        Subsystem: Creative Labs Unknown device 100a
        I/O ports at a000 [size=32]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

As you can see the card is recognised as an Audigy LS, while it's an
Audigy SE.

Here is the /etc/modules.d/alsa config file:

# Alsa kernel modules' configuration file.

# Set this to the correct number of cards.
#options snd cards_limit=1

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF version 1.0.13 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-ca0106
alias sound-slot-0 snd-ca0106
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Obviously i'm using the ca0106 driver, as wrote here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs

Please help me getting this card working. I can also apply and try
patches: i just want to get this card working!
Please reply me ASAP. Thanks.
Bye

--
Matteo