Some questions about the Audigy 2 NX

Hi,

I have an Audigy 2 NX for playing nice sound on my Laptop (Intel HDA
realy sucks).
I've managed to get stereo and fake-5.1 (copy stereo signal to all 6
channels through the duplicate route) working.
But there are still some issues, I hope you can help with:

1) there is no master volume, alsamixer shows 4 "Master" bars, but they
change only one output each. on my Audigy 4 (nonpro - yes, it works) I
have "Master" which controlls all the outputs, and "PCM {Center|Front|
LFE}" for the individual outputs. it there any chance to get this
working with the 2 NX?

2) the hardware controls for volume, mic, etc does not work. the only
interesting control would be the volume, but not as interesting as the
master volume.

3) this is not an issue (because untested) but a question: I've set up
my vlc to output to the fake5.1, because I usually use vlc for wathing
tv, which is stereo. when I would like to watch a DVD with 5.1 sound,
would I have to switch to the 'real' device, or is there some
posibility to configure the fake one to duplicate the first 2 channels
only if the input has less than 6 (or 4) channels?

TIA
Evgeni Golov

PS: here is my /etc/asound.conf:
pcm.nx51 {