[389-users] Re: Enable SSHA hashing scheme

Hi Ralf,

On Thu, Jul 4, 2024 at 12:54 PM Ralf Spenneberg <rspenneberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Viktor,

I do not see any errors. I attached the log but nothing stands out to me.
I don't see the log attached, could you please send it again?

It was not a fresh instance but the migrated instance.

Then I removed the database:
dsconf -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W ldap://localhost backend delete spenneberg_net --do-it
Deleting Backend cn=spenneberg_net,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config :
Type 'Yes I am sure' to continue: Yes I am sure
The database, and any sub-suffixes, were successfully deleted
Please try on a fresh instance, not just the database. In the documentation we warn that the old dse.ldif should not be used.
Thanks.

Recreated it:
dsconf -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W ldap://localhost backend create --suffix="dc=spenneberg,dc=net" --be-name=spenneberg_net
The database was sucessfully created

Did the import again:
dsconf -D "cn=Directory Manager" -Wi ldap://localhost backend import dc=spenneberg,dc=net /userRoot.ldif
The import task has finished successfully

If I try to authenticate again, it does not work:
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b dc=spenneberg,dc=net -D "uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=spenneberg,dc=net" -W
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

The user has a SSHA password:
{SSHA}+4ZcRhy2/7h5Du5x/1MO....

If I check the password, pwdhash states OK:
pwdhash -c {SSHA}+4ZcRhy2/7h5Du5x/1MO... qcG...
pwdhash: password ok.

If I reset the password using ldapmodify
dn: uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=spenneberg,dc=net
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: qcG...

Now the user may access the tree again. I do not know, why the SSHA passwords are not honored.
Any ideas?

KInd regards,
Ralf