Re: Choice of version?

William,

Thanks for the note.  Our system is running CentOS 7.3 but the version of directory server is 1.3.5.10.  Is this just a timing issue and 1.3.6 will be released shortly for CentOS7.3?

[root@eng-ldap-test01 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)

 [root@eng-ldap-test01 ~]# /usr/sbin/ns-slapd -v
389 Project
389-Directory/1.3.5.10 B2017.145.2037

 [root@eng-ldap-test01 ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
base                                                                                                                                                                                                                  | 3.6 kB  00:00:00
epel/x86_64/metalink                                                                                                                                                                                                  |  10 kB  00:00:00
epel                                                                                                                                                                                                                  | 4.3 kB  00:00:00
extras                                                                                                                                                                                                                | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
updates                                                                                                                                                                                                               | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
(1/3): epel/x86_64/updateinfo                                                                                                                                                                                         | 808 kB  00:00:00
(2/3): epel/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                                         | 4.7 MB  00:00:00
(3/3): extras/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                                     | 191 kB  00:00:00
 * base: centos.mirror.ca.planethoster.net
 * epel: mirror.cs.princeton.edu
 * extras: mirror.its.dal.ca
 * updates: mirror.gpmidi.net
No packages marked for update

[root@eng-ldap-test01 ~]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Cleaning repos: base epel extras updates Cleaning up everything Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
[root@eng-ldap-test01 ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
base                                                                                                                                                                                                                  | 3.6 kB  00:00:00
epel/x86_64/metalink                                                                                                                                                                                                  | 9.7 kB  00:00:00
epel                                                                                                                                                                                                                  | 4.3 kB  00:00:00
extras                                                                                                                                                                                                                | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
updates                                                                                                                                                                                                               | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
(1/7): base/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                                                                                                                                                         | 155 kB  00:00:00
(2/7): epel/x86_64/group_gz                                                                                                                                                                                           | 170 kB  00:00:00
(3/7): epel/x86_64/updateinfo                                                                                                                                                                                         | 808 kB  00:00:00
(4/7): extras/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                                     | 191 kB  00:00:00
(5/7): base/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                                       | 5.6 MB  00:00:01
(6/7): epel/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                                         | 4.7 MB  00:00:00
(7/7): updates/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                                    | 7.8 MB  00:00:00
Determining fastest mirrors
 * base: centos.mirror.netelligent.ca
 * epel: mirror.cs.princeton.edu
 * extras: centos.mirror.rafal.ca