Re: Search Filter by Group

> When I added a user to the group that has objectclass, groupofnames and member attribute, the user entry automatically populates memberOf with the full DN listed.

Good, that is the expected behavior.

>After I made the updates to that group and user entries for reflect groupofnames and member, I was able to run the filter query without any problems. At his point, I'm thinking it would be best to add the groupofnames objectclass and member attribute >to the other groups to ensure everything operates in a similar way. Fortunately this is part of a new envrionment (with imported data) so I have the luxury of bringing each application in one by one over a period of time. Is there a possibility to that I >would run into any problems with that plan?

If groupofNames is how your memberof is configured (sounds like it is)  then yes you need to add groupofNames to all your groups

>Am I correct in thinking that the schema should have added the objectclass and attributes automatically? If so, I was going to spend some time looking into that.

No, schema basically controls what *can* be set.  Which attributes are required, and which ones are not, etc.  It doesn't make any changes to your existing groups/users.  You have to do that yourself.

>William, thank you for your input as well!
William's main point was that you shouldn't have to use the bis draft schema to get this to work on stock ds389.  you may try reverting to the original schema and see if you continue to have success.
I have yet to attempt to roll back to the original schema myself yet.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.