Re: Reset Password as Root if User Forgets Password

On 01/22/2014 12:31 PM, Chaudhari, Rohit K. wrote:
> Before I explore this further, when using "ldappasswd," will it still
> prompt me for the current password before I can type in a new password to
> replace it?

You need to be bound to the LDAP server as a user who has permission to
change the password.  If you are changing your own password, you need to
supply your existing password to complete this bind operation.  If you
are an admin resetting a password for a different user, you will need to
supply the admin user password to complete the bind, but you will not
need to supply the user's existing password.

The ldappasswd command requires that the connection is protected with
SSL/TLS or a SASL mechanism that provides confidentiality.  You will
need to resolve your TLS problem.