Re: dual change log entry with retro changelog plugin

sorry for the high traffic.
discussed with some collegues and it seems the following is applicable:
"It's not a bug, it's a feauture!"
the attribute passwordgraceusertime is not present in the iPlanet LDAP
server or perhaps not enabled by default.
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.1/html/Schema_Reference/Schema_Reference-Operational_Attributes_Special_Attributes_and_Special_Object_Classes.html#passwordGrace_UserTime
.

So instead of filing a bug, my question is: is it possible to somehow
not have this attribute reset?
I couldn't find anything under password policy.
Googling did not help either.
Any help is greatly appreciated!