Re: Setting up a test server

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM, <harry.devine@xxxxxxx> wrote:

????  I have no idea.  Do you mean secure shell?  I guess I don't understand the question, sorry.

Have you resolved this issue,

In RHEL6 Ldap client side configuration can be done either using nslcd (provided by nss-pam-ldapd) or using SSSD(recommended).

nss-pam-ldapd

The nss-pam-ldapd provides the nss-pam-ldapd daemon (nslcd) which uses a directory server to look up name service information on behalf of a lightweight nsswitch module. The authentication part is handled by pam_ldap from http://www.padl.com/OSS/nss_ldap.html. Currently nss-pam-ldapd's own pam_ldap is disabled.

nslcd uses configuration information from /etc/nslcd.conf file and pam_ldap uses /etc/pam_ldap.conf file(If authconfig is used, both the files are updated automatically).

SSSD

The System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) is a service which provides access to different identity and authentication providers. You can configure SSSD to use a native LDAP domain (that is, an LDAP identity provider with LDAP authentication), or an LDAP identity provider with Kerberos authentication. It provides an NSS and PAM interface to the system, and a pluggable back-end system to connect to multiple different account sources.

Which one are you using ? Can you see user in id output

# id <username>

What does ldapsearch logs says when you tries to search for user ? You client side configuration file will be helpful.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine
Common ARTS Software Development